*On this page, the UNIMED Library collects resources in Nursing and other related disciplines.
SEE ALSO: Nursing Journals/periodicals
CINAHL (Access through HINARI)
- For journal articles about nursing, allied health, biomedicine and healthcare.
Nursing Studystack Flashcards
- online resources to memorise and revise nursing concepts
Geriatric Nursing Resources for Care of Older Adults Health
- Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing offers hundreds of evidence-based resources
Lippincott’s Nursing Center
Nurse.com – For RNs by RNs
- Career and continuing education information with access to Nursing Spectrum articles.
Nursing, History and Health Care – UPenn
- Source of historical background information on issues regarding the nursing profession and the provision of nursing care.
- UK focused with nursing links for nurses around the world
MedlinePlus: Drugs, Supplements, & Herbal Information
- Learn about your prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines. Includes side effects, dosage, special precautions, and more. Or browse dietary supplements and herbal remedies to learn about their effectiveness, usual dosage, and drug interactions.
FDA Consumer Health Information
- provides an independent, free and safe resource for ALL levels of nurses to assess, maintain and enhance their professional competence. The learning resources herein are suitable for nursing students, nursing assistants/aides, licensed practical nurses (LPN), registered nurses (RN), and registered psychiatric nurses (RPN), as well as nurse educators, trainers and instructors.
- Lippincott NursingCenter was created by nurses for nurses. It is a wonderful destination that offers information regarding continuing education and over 50 peer reviewed nursing journals. This website provides credible, current, and authoritative resources to help serve patients.
Nursing-related Online resources
- The Cochrane Library is a collection of high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making.
90 Must-Watch YouTube Tutorials for Nurses
- YouTube’s reliable tutorial videos specially made for nurses.
World Health Organization (WHO) Data & Statistics
- WHO’s portal providing access to data and analyses for monitoring the global health situation
WHO Country Statistics
- The country statistical pages bring together the main health data and statistics for each country, as compiled by WHO and partners in close consultation with Member States, and include descriptive and analytical summaries of health indicators for major health topics.
WHO Global Health Observatory
- The Global Health Observatory theme pages provide data and analyses on global health priorities. Each theme page provides information on global situation and trends highlights, using core indicators, database views, major publications and links to relevant web pages on the theme.
- Information about cultural beliefs in medical care.
Internet for Allied Nursing:
- a free online tutorial to help university students develop their Internet research skills.
Associations and Professional Bodies
American Nurses Association (ANA)
- The ANA is the only full-service professional organization representing the interests of the nation’s 3.1 million registered nurses through its constituent member nurses associations and its organizational affiliates.
- Very little native Full-text – but does link out to Full-text in other EBSCO databases. Largest medical database in the world – more useful for biomedical than clinical topics. In the Limit Your Results area on the Advanced Search Page, in the Journal and Subset box, select [Nursing].
Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ)
- A service of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, the mission of the AHRQ is “to improve the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care for all Americans.” Site includes research, reports and other tools that support clinicians, patients, policymakers and other health officials in delivering safe, effective and quality services.